It all began!
At the Nigeria Independence Day celebration on October 1, 2016, Pro-tempore Executives were mandated to midwife an association for Nigerians in Saskatoon. Consequent upon this mandate, Nigerian Canadian Association of Saskatoon(NCAS) was formed in 2016 as a non-profit incorporated association to:
- Promote the image of Nigeria cum Canada and their cultural values.
- Work together as a group for the betterment of Nigerians both at home and abroad.
- Liaise with Nigeria High Commission (Ottawa) on behalf of members
- Promote mutual interaction between NCAS and other Associations in Saskatoon and Canada.
- Provide support and assistance for members of NCAS.
- Foster a positive environment where members can get-together from time to time for social, multicultural and financial empowerment interaction.
- Support various charitable courses within the resources of the Association.
The mission of NCAS is to provide relevant and beneficial information to our members and also assist the members and their family in meeting their legitimate needs within the confines of the law and resources of the association.
The vision of Nigerian Canadian Association of Saskatoon(NCAS) is to be the best Association of reference point in Canada whose core purpose is the welfare its members and community.
- The Association is governed by Constitution, the General Assembly and six Executive Council Members drawn from geo-pollical diversity of Nigeria.
- The Association is registered with Canada Revenue Agency and Saskatchewan Corporate Registrar as a non-profit association.
Thank you for taking time to visit our website. We welcome your opinions, contributions and suggestions for improvements.